Translate

23/05/2015

Disney Anthems.

Alert, childhood memories may be induced by these songs.

Hello! I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

I wanted to share my favourite Disney songs with you, some of them you may not agree with but I am in love with these, and they are my childhood, I always have fond memories listening to them. These aren't in any particular order of favourites, just a list for you to add to in the comments!

Prince Ali - Aladdin
'Hey you! Let us through, its a bright new star, oh come be the first on your block to meet his eye!'

This was the song I always sang with my mum around the house, Aladdin was one of my favourite songs when I was younger. I always loved the magic surrounding the Genie and the magic carpet. 


Reflection - Mulan
'Who is that girl I see, staring straight, back at me? Why is my reflection someone I dont know?'

A relatively new addition to my list of Disney anthems. The lyrics mean a lot to me right now. I never liked Mulan when I was younger but its grown on me. 


Colours of the Wind - Pocahontas
'The rainstorm and the river are my brothers, the heron and the otter are my friends, and we are all connected to each other, in a circle, in a hoop that never ends.'

This. Song. Wow. It's obvious that the writers researched the culture and its just so beautiful. I've been listening to it on repeat recently. I love it. 


Scales and Arpeggios - The Aristocats
'Though it seems at first it doesn't show, like a tree ability will bloom and grow.'

I love this. Other than Aladdin, The Aristocats was also my favourite movie when I was younger. It was so warm and lovely, and made me, and still does make me smile every time I watch it. 


Thomas O'Malley - The Aristocats
'Tellin' my friends of the social elite, or some cute cat I happen to meet, that I'm.... Abraham De Lacy, Guiseppe Casey, Thomas O'Malley, O'Malley the Alley Cat!

This was another song I sang a lot with my mum, I still do really, its so much fun and I love it. I this its possibly the fun that drew me to the song and the movie


Part of Your World - The Little Mermaid
'Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun, wandering free, wish I could be, part of that world'

Such a beautiful song from a beautiful movie. I loved the Little Mermaid and this song was always one of my favourites. The magic behind the whole thing was beautiful. (My friend did an amazing cover of this, I'll leave the link at the end.)


Love Will Find A Way - The Lion King 2
'They can have the world, we'll create our own, I may not be brave or strong or smart, but somewhere in my secret heart, I know, love will find a way.'

Out of the three Lion King movies, this one was my favourite, including this song. If you havent seen the second one, go watch it, The Lion King 2, Simbas Pride. It is without a doubt my favourite Disney movie right now. Romeo and Juliet was the basis and I just love it. 


Just Around The River Bend - Pocahontas
'I look once more, just around the river bend, beyond the shore, where the gulls fly free,'

Another Pocahontas song, and this is also one I'm in love with. It has such powerful words in and its been my motivation thoughout exams. 

So theres my all time favourite Disney songs, let me know if you think theres any I missed and I would love to know your opinions and favourite disney songs.

Also, let me know what you would like to see on my YouTube, as I want to film a video this week, and I don't know what to film!

Love you all, Em xxx

POYW Cover
TBC
Photography Blog
YouTube Channel


No comments:

Post a Comment